You can register free of charge at https://starcarsagency.com.au/wp-login.php?action=register This will open in a new page so you can refer to these instructions if you get stuck.
We recommend doing this on a computer/laptop. You may find it easier than doing it on your phone 😊
Step 1 – Register as a user:
- Complete the registration form. Choose your own Username. Many people use their email address as it is easy to remember 😊. Click on the Register button at the bottom.
- You will then receive an email a few minutes later. Click on the link to activate your account.
- Login in with your username and the given password. Write the password down 😊 You can copy and paste both the user name and password into the relevant field to save you typing 😊. Click on the ‘Remember me’ box then click on ‘Log in’
- This will take you to you user account where you can change your password to one that is easier to remember, if you wish. Click on ‘Generate Password’, type in your new password then go to the bottom of the page and click ‘Update Profile’
- If you need to log out or make changes in the future, click on your username in the top right hand corner.
Now you are a registered user 😊
Step 2 – Listing your vehicle:
- From your user account, click on ‘Vehicles’ in the top left-hand corner and then click on ‘Add New Vehicle’. This will take you to the new vehicle page.
- In the ‘Heading’ box type in a simple summary of your car
- Complete all of the boxes. For some there is a drop-down menu for you to select from. Other fields are for you to type in relevant information.
- At the bottom is a large field for you to put in any other information about your vehicle that you think is relevant to a client. This is not that important. Most clients choose based on colour, body style and year 😊
- Most important that you put in the suburb and postcode of the vehicle’s location. Clients always search for vehicles within a km radius of the post code their shoot.
- At this stage click on ‘Save Draft’ two thirds down the page on the right-hand side
Step 3 – adding photos
- There are 5 boxes on the right-hand side to load up 5 images.
- Image must be .jpg files as not all others load correctly.
- Most important – each image (photo) must be less than 2MB or they will not save. http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx will let you reduce the size –for free 😊
- The top box is the ‘Featured Image’ This is what will appear on the thumbnail picture when clients are searching for vehicles, so make sure it is your best shot, showing the compete vehicle in good lighting.
- Then add 2 more external shots and 2 interior shots, if relevant. 2 other shots if there is no interior. Eg, motorbike
- At any time you can click on ‘Preview’ to see how the photo looks or click on ‘Save Draft’ so you don’t lose the work you have done. Finally, select the relevant boxes for your vehicle in the ‘Categories’ box in the bottom right hand corner. You can select more than one.
- When you are happy with the photos, click on ‘Publish’ 😊